1. Entry – Sponsor of the raffle is the RHS Quarterback Club, Ringgold Corvette Raffle, for the benefit of the Ringgold Athletic Tornado Relief Fund. Entry and participation in this raffle shall be by ticket sales. Only licensed drivers, 18 years of age and older, and residents of the United States are eligible to participate and enter. This raffle is subject to all local, state and federal laws and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All rules will be governed by the laws of the Catoosa County, State of Georgia and the Official Rules are subject to change without further notice. Entries may not be resold or reassigned and sales may not be refunded or replaced. Participation and entry denotes acceptance of these Official Rules and entrant waives rights and claims of ambiguity in the raffle operation. The Sponsor, shall, in its sole discretion, make all final decisions and is the final judge in all respects.
2. Ticket Sales - A maximum of 3,000 raffle tickets will be sold at $100.00 per ticket. The final random chance drawing by an independent judge will be publicly held on November 9, 2012, at the Ringgold High School Football Stadium, Ringgold, GA. Raffle ticket sales will be made at locations determined by the Raffle organizers. Ticket sales net proceeds are for the benefit of the Ringgold Athletic Tornado Relief Fund, booster clubs and athletic projects. On line or mail in ticket purchasers will have their entry recorded and entered; ticket stubs will not be returned by mail due to prohibition by postal regulations.
3. Prizes – The Grand Prize 2013 Corvette and $15,000 cash; 1st Prize $10,000 cash; 2nd Prize $5,000 cash; 3rd Prize $1,000 cash; 4th Prize 4 season tickets for RHS basketball, baseball, and football; 5th Prize 2 season tickets for RHS basketball, baseball, and football; will be awarded upon the completion of the raffle with full ticket sales. Selection of winners by the judges is exclusive and final. The Grand Prize Winner may choose a Total of $50,000 cash in place of the car. A minimum of 2,000 ticket entries must be sold before the 2013 Corvette is awarded as Grand Prize. Should less than 2,000 tickets be entered the Grand Prize ticket winner must agree to accept the lesser of $50,000 cash or 50% of the Net Proceeds of this raffle. If fewer that 2,000 tickets are sold the 1st and 2nd place Cash Prizes will not be awarded. Vehicles shown in raffle advertising materials may vary from actual vehicle awarded. Car must be registered in the United States and cannot be exported. All prize delivery costs are the responsibility of the prize winner.
4. Winner Notification – Entrants need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone and email as listed by the participant on the ticket entry form. Winners will have 30 days to claim prizes or forfeit all claims. Two attempts to notify winners will be made. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded from a random drawing of remaining entry tickets. Selection by the judges is final and binding.
5. Odds of Winning - Each ticket have a separate and equal chance of winning a prize. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are approximately 1 in 3,000 (or the total number of entries). Odds of a ticket winning a prize are approximately 1 in 500, if all tickets are sold. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of raffle tickets sold.
6. Eligibility – Tickets may be purchased by any lawful person, including administration, staff and members of Ringgold High School, the Catoosa County GA School System, members of athletic booster clubs including, but not limited to the Quarterback Club, Dugout Club, Tip-Off Club, Blue Nation, or other athletic support groups and members. Advertising sponsor employees are eligible to enter raffle, but advertising sponsor officers are ineligible to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to remove and disqualify any entrant that does not conform to these Official Rules at its sole discretion.
7. Hold Harmless – Raffle entrants, by purchasing a raffle ticket and participating, agree to these Official Rules and to hold Raffle organizers harmless from any losses, claims, actions, rights, or damages related to this Raffle, website and advertising medium; and release all liability against Sponsor and all raffle ticket sellers and organizers, boosters and booster clubs, RHS and the Catoosa County School System, employees and School Board members; release also includes all advertising sponsors including, but not limited to Walter Jackson Chevrolet, Ringgold Telephone Company, Keith Cochran, CPA, P.C., Tri Graphics and their employees, parent companies, affiliates, officers and agents.
8. Release Affidavit – All prize winners will be required to complete, execute and deliver a Release Affidavit attesting to eligibility, the acceptance of these Official Rules, and agreement to hold harmless and the release of liability of raffle organizers as noted in Rule 7 above.
9. Winner’s Name and Likeness – All winners must agree and consent, as a condition of prize acceptance, to the perpetual use of the winner’s name and likeness, without further recognition or compensation, for any and all publicity, advertising, and media distribution.
10. Taxes – Winner’s are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, including but not limited to sales taxes, income taxes, property taxes, etc. All taxes may be based on the actual final values of the prizes awarded. Donations of the raffle ticket purchase price for this raffle drawing of chance are not tax deductible. Winners will be required to conform to IRS regulations regarding paying federal income tax withholding prior to the release of any and all prizes. Winners must complete and deliver IRS W-2G, W-9, and/or other forms as required. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for cost of license, title, registration, and/or similar fees. Sponsor, advertising sponsors and organizers of this raffle assume no liability and offer no advice regarding these prizes. Proof of insurance as legally required must be shown prior to transfer if the vehicle is selected.
11. Contacts – Questions may be addressed by sending inquiry to Ringgold Corvette Raffle, P.O. Box 1243, Ringgold, GA 30736-1243.